Two-pane markdown editors stink
July 6, 2015
Having a still-on preview window is like constantly printing on paper to make yourself feel comfy in MS Word. Or running code all the time just to check the program does what you need from it. All those examples should feel outdated.
Good markdown editor
- does not require a preview window to make writer feel comfortable
- frees writer from thinking about the publishing details
- prevents typing errors & provides guidance towards best practices
- makes writing markdown easy for beginners
- provides help when markdown isn’t easy to use (e. g. tables)
I may add items to this list. Is there anything you’d add?